Tool and Die Maker – 430A
We currently have an opportunity available for an experienced Tool Maker Technician – 430A. Canada Tubeform is a London, Ontario Automotive Tier 2/3 manufacturing facility. The company is a progressive, growing Canadian based manufacturing business focused on the production of high-volume tubular steel and aluminum components and assemblies for the automotive industry. The company has been in business since 2001 as a privately-owned company. Company size is approximately 65 people that thinks big in all we do.
Great hours, great team, great technology, great boss!
This position is intended to work primarily day shift – Monday to Friday – 8 am – 4:30 pm.
Back-up support may also be required for Afternoon shift – Monday – Thursday – 3:00 pm to 1:30 am.
Reasonable overtime and flexibility to work altered shift times may be required according to business needs.
The position will primarily support the business with Tool and Die Making skills by performing maintenance and repair on manufacturing equipment and tooling to support efficient operations in a Maintenance Department of approximately ten other team members. May also perform basic mechanical and electrical troubleshooting.
- Support Production for press tooling, die repairs and maintenance needs via radio call system.
- Responsible for performing equipment and tooling maintenance to ensure production targets and quality specifications are met. This includes both un-planned and planned maintenance activities.
- Keep maintenance records to identify weakness in design. Assist in developing and/or updating preventative maintenance procedures.
- Perform routine servicing and regrinding of tools.
- Attend breakdowns, identify faults and problem solve at the press with minimal downtime to aid production.
- Report breakdown root causes, equipment faults and concerns to management.
- Study specifications such as blue prints, sketches, models or descriptions and visualize production to determine materials required, fabrication method and sequence of assembly.
- Sets up, operate and repair machine tools such as lathes, milling machine, grinders to machine parts and verifies conformance of machined parts to specifications.
- Develops specifications from general descriptions for specialty tools and draws or sketches design of product.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings, component prints, assembly part/product drawing.
- Perform calculations for tool and die procedures.
- Identify spares requirements and log usage.
- Be actively involved in improvement activities to support the achievement of departmental and company objectives.
- Understand and operate within basic cost/budget measures for tooling.
- Work within 5S (Sort, Set In Order, Shine, Standardize, Sustain) methodology to maintain workplace to a high standard.
- Undertake special projects as required. Plan projects or subtasks to be tracked and presented.
- Support other Maintenance Technicians for training purposes as a tooling expert. Knowledge share with others in the group. And be willing to learn from others.
- Machine and fabricate improvements to dies to suit engineering changes to parts based on direction from the Engineering Department.
- Machine and fabricate parts for other departments such as Quick check gauges for Quality
- Operate forklift truck and lifting equipment.
- Communicates all maintenance and quality related requirements to the appropriate Canada Tubeform departments and personnel.
- Communicates all maintenance related issues to Supervisor/Manager in a timely manner and performs other related duties on special projects as required.
- Contributes to a continuous improvement philosophy on plant wide systems with a cost reduction approach.
- Maintain the highest standards of workmanship at all times and be responsible for safe work environment and safe practices.
- Must have Tool and Die Maker – 430A license.
- Grade 12 or GED
- Candidate should have some basic mechanical and/or electrical trouble shooting abilities.
- Supplemental courses such as hydraulics, electrical, maintenance and quality assurance or an equivalent combination of education and experience is an asset.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in the automotive industry in a maintenance Tool Maker related role.
- A strong hands-on mechanical aptitude with extensive knowledge of basic machining and tubular forming technologies.
- “Can-do” attitude to positively contribute to the team environment.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
- Computer literacy and a familiarity with quality assurance systems are essential elements of the position. Experience using ERP systems, CAD (Solidworks) and tablets an asset.
- High energy and a well-developed sense of urgency are essential requirements of the position.
If you are interested in becoming a part of a diverse and growing team, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your wage expectations.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those candidates under consideration for this opportunity will be contacted.
Applications from all qualified individuals are welcome. We are committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com