We currently have an opportunity available for an experienced Quality Technician at Canada Tubeform, a London, Ontario Automotive Tier 2 manufacturing facility. The company is a progressive, growing Canadian based manufacturing business focused on the production of high-volume tubular steel components and assemblies for the automotive industry and has been in business since 2001 as a privately-owned company.
We are looking for a team oriented individual with a solid working knowledge of TS16949 quality system requirements associated with automotive related manufacturing. The successful incumbent will be supporting a 40-person production team; responsible for leading an active continuous improvement atmosphere, promoting a zero-defect philosophy, and driving the effectiveness of our ISO 9001:2008 registered QMS as we work towards IATF Certification.
The Quality Technician ensures compliance with established quality assurance procedures, assisting with gauge calibration records, internal audits, inspection of incoming raw materials, and tracking/disposition of non-conforming materials.
The Quality Technician will report to the Quality Manager and appreciates a hybrid role of hands-on shop floor level quality inspecting in combination with quality technician duties.
- Results orientated individual with a solid understanding of quality assurance methodologies.
- Hands-on team member active on the shop floor a significant portion of the day assisting with gauge calibration records, internal audits, inspection of incoming raw materials and tracking/disposition of non-conforming materials.
- Conducts day-to-day activities with a strong focus on continuous improvement.
- Support quality improvement by collecting and analyzing statistical data, failures, corrective and preventative actions to ensure compliance.
- Develop quality work instructions within ISO/TS/IATF quality systems standards.
- Presenting data charts developed from capability studies data.
- Knowledge of 8-D or CAR and standard problem-solving disciplines
- Proven process improvement through inspection methods and root cause analysis investigations.
- Ability to calibrate lab equipment and process gauges.
- Within scope of responsibility, be a confident decision maker for quality related issues.
- Perform statistical studies and report data as required.
- Demonstrated ability to use basic measurement tools (height gauge, Vernier, micrometer, indicator, etc.)
- Liaise with other departments to ensure quality standards are met.
- Solid experience in all aspects of auditing processes- audit types, planning, preparation, execution, reporting results and follow-up.
- Monitor receiving inspection measurables and develop quality improvements of incoming products.
- Excellent communication that is polished and professional. Comfortable providing or receiving feedback that may be positive or constructive to all levels of the organization.
- Takes initiative, has developed and positive interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- College diploma in Quality Assurance with 2 years’ experience as a Quality Assurance Technician preferably in the automotive or metal manufacturing industry.
- Or equivalent and relevant work experience as a Quality Technician in the automotive industry.
- Working knowledge of all ISO/TS quality system requirements for automotive parts manufacturing is required. IATF knowledge would be an asset.
- Internal auditor certification preferred.
- Working knowledge of AIAG/PPAP requirements.
- ERP system experience and strong Microsoft Office Suite computer skills.
- Destructive weld testing and metallurgy an asset.
- Member of SME or ASQ an asset.
If you have initiative and dedication to working in a fast-paced environment with a very positive work culture, please email your resume and cover letter including wage expectations in confidence. We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. We are committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com