We currently have an opportunity available for an experienced Purchaser. Canada Tubeform is a London, Ontario Automotive Tier 2/3 manufacturing facility. The company is a progressive, growing Canadian based manufacturing business focused on the production of high-volume tubular steel and aluminum components and assemblies for the automotive industry. The company has been in business since 2001 as a privately-owned company. Company size is approximately 60 people that think big in all we do.
The Purchaser is responsible for performing various purchasing of goods, materials, tooling and services to meet the company’s operational requirements.
- Monitor ERP for production material requirements and act as primary supplier contact to coordinate purchase and shipping of raw material as well as new projects and activities. Review/prepare weekly raw material releases, order schedules and liaise with suppliers to ensure receipt of orders.
- Responsible for providing status updates regarding raw material supply and availability at daily startup meeting.
- Responsible for tracking, maintaining inventory levels for tooling, equipment, facility and tool room equipment spares ensuring optimum MRP utilization.
- Centralize other departmental sundry purchasing needs of the purchasing function.
- Ensure new suppliers are qualified as per QMS, entry in ERP, tracking of all associated paperwork.
- Negotiate contracts, improve prices and terms of business with suppliers and procurement best practice tools and methods. Conduct research for new components and suppliers.
- Purchasing spot buys/PPAP orders – assist and coordinate within departments, monitor order throughout all stages (r/m order, production scheduling and shipping)
- Communicate any supply problems or risks which may impact on business operations.
- Provide analysis on costs, new and existing and review cost reduction and continuous improvement activities. Monitor market trends, competitor strategies and market suppliers. Recommend internally accordingly.
- Compile data relating to supplier performance to enable evaluation. Prepare reports and updates as and when required.
- Build and maintain supplier relationships and keep up good communications.
- Ensure that a professional and consistent approach is taken in relation to all supplier relationships.
- Ensure compliance to company guidelines, purchasing policies and procedures during supplier negotiations and contracts award process.
- Contact suppliers to resolve price, quality, delivery or invoice issues.
- Maintain Spending and Approval Groups in ShopEdge.
- Program cancellations/End of Programs: monitor EOP timing to ensure zero/minimal obsolescence, liaison with suppliers regarding obsolescence inventories.
- Back-up Accounting Admin tasks such as processing invoices, posting to relevant general ledgers, payment processing, investigate and respond to supplier payment inquires or other duties as required for back-up purposes.
- Provide backup for other team members or duties as required.
- Adhere to any health and safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of self, staff and visitors.
- Maintain accurately purchasing and commercial document management including filing, archiving, and retention according to company standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Recognized purchasing, supply chain (such as SCMP) or business-related credentials and/or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 3 years of related work experience in purchasing, supply chain, preferably in automotive manufacturing.
- Membership with PMAC or other relevant association would be an asset.
- Proven negotiation skills and experience negotiating contracts while balancing customer needs and organizational needs effectively.
- Experience with general office administrative duties including but not limited to purchase order processing, invoicing, accounts payable/receivable, invoice posting and payment processing.
- Proficient in windows-based software packages including Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Experience with enterprise resource planning software required.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills, a well-developed sense of urgency and attention to detail for accuracy is essential.
- Excellent customer service skills, professional and friendly demeanor, comfortable interacting with internal and external people at all levels.
- Understanding of the greater supply chain (supplier orders thru to customer deliveries) as it relates to manufacturing would be an asset.
If you are interested in becoming a part of a diverse and growing team, please submit your cover letter and resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your wage expectations.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those candidates under consideration for this opportunity will be contacted.
Canada Tubeform invites applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com