We currently have an opportunity available for an experienced Production Team Lead Hand. Canada Tubeform is a London, Ontario Automotive Tier 2/3 manufacturing facility. The company is a progressive, growing Canadian based manufacturing business focused on the production of high-volume tubular steel and aluminum components and assemblies for the automotive industry. The company has been in business since 2001 as a privately-owned company. Company size is approximately 60 people that think big in all we do.
The Production Team Lead Hand is the secondary line of support in the manufacturing facility and is responsible for assigned production / maintenance/ quality related activities associated with the products produced. The Production Team Lead Hand reports to the Production Supervisors.
Rotating shifts are:
Day shift – Monday – Friday – 6:30 am – 3:00 pm
Afternoon shift – Monday – Thursday – 3:00 pm to 1:30 am
Overtime and flexibility to work altered shift times may be required according to business needs.
- Assisting Production Supervisor as assigned by and supporting Production Associates to achieve 100% on-time delivery to all customers within quality standards while achieving zero-defect finished goods.
- Responsible for enforcing to policies, procedures, for your shift and work practices to ensure a safe work place environment for all employees.
- Coordinating with the maintenance department for equipment and tooling installation to support production needs. Coordinating resources and set-up support for maintenance to complete changeovers. Assessing basic troubleshooting equipment needs and requesting maintenance support as required. May perform some entry level troubleshooting.
- Responsible for leadership and entry of all ShopEdge related production data to ensure accuracy and efficiency.
- Timely communication and collaborative support liaising with other departments and utilize other department resources as required to achieve production results. Required to escalate to a Production Supervisor or other department all required matters with a sense of urgency.
- Production Associate Trainer executing TWI Training methodology. Responsible for performing and documenting production related training activities as per TWI Requirements.
- Communicates all manufacturing related issues to the Supervisors / Senior Management in a timely manner and performs other related duties as required.
- Perform daily Audits on all production related activities such as First off/Mid/Last off and Containment support conformance to Canada Tubeform’s quality system. Reads blue prints effectively to perform.
- Communicates and updates the Supervisor and Quality Tech/Manager on all quality related issues in a timely manner. Sense of urgency reporting downtime calls for both operational and mechanical downtime needs.
- Encourage others and contributes to a continuous improvement philosophy on plant wide systems.
- Ensures that production equipment / tooling is maintained to produce product to the required quality specifications. Responsible for notifying Supervisor and Maintenance of any spare part deficiencies and or concerns in a timely manner.
- Must have the ability to motivate, mentor others. Lead by example and mentor. Provide performance feedback and concerns to Supervisor for action and follow-through.
- Back-up Production Supervisor for vacation coverage, absences, meetings.
- Back-filling Production Associates during absences if required.
- Back-up forklift driving, including Material Handling needs.
- Participant for monthly inventory duties as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Secondary School Diploma, GED or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 3 years manufacturing team leader experience.
- Experience with ERP software. Computer literacy and a familiarity with quality assurance systems, interpreting engineering drawings/blue prints are essential elements of the position.
- Solid understanding of automotive manufacturing environment, production planning and supply chain management would be an asset.
- Nurtures a team approach to corporate objectives and continuous improvement.
- Experience in the automotive industry preferably in an engineering / quality / maintenance / production leadership related role.
- Excellent communication, leadership, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
- Valid Standard First Aid Certificate or willing to certify. (preferred)
- Valid Lift Truck License.
- A strong hands-on mechanical aptitude with extensive knowledge of basic machining and tubular forming technologies.
- High energy and a well-developed sense of urgency are essential requirements of the position while remaining calm under pressure.
If you are interested in becoming a part of a diverse and growing team, please submit your cover letter and resume and include your wage expectations.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those candidates under consideration for this opportunity will be contacted.
Canada Tubeform invites applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org